You prefer to get up everyday with an empty feeling. No passion, no satisfaction, no reason to get out of your bed. Discover my best practices to never realize your dreams.
Come on – you can be emptier inside
People keep saying that you have to follow your heart and realize your dreams. And you think something like this: “No, sorry – but I just do not have it.”
“I do not want to realize my dreams, I want to fill my soul with a sense of emptiness. My days start without passion and I’m living my life without a sense of satisfaction. I want to feel the tears burning behind my eyes and to have a reason to whine about anything but myself. ”
Well, let me help you. Below you’ll find some practical tips to make sure you never realize your dreams.
# 1. Run hard in the rat race
Oh the rat race. We are crazy about it. It distracts us from the great questions of life while we are busy.
Endless racing and flying and, in the meantime, doing things. Things that seem useful because others approve, but do not bring you anywhere. To gather status, these things offer a full focus on being successful, and especially looking successful.
A full agenda with blank appointments. A head full of unfinished tasks. A weekend filled with social obligations. And it never fails to keep all the balls high in the air. Great.
Your efforts never bring satisfaction. But you’re very busy. And you still have enough to do. Enough tasks, thoughts, fears and neuroses to distract you from your dreams. And you’re too busy to think about it.
Note: it happens that people are perfectly satisfied with a life in the rat race. If you fear this, it’s smart to work step-by-step to make your life terrible.
So once again hit the snooze button and run around. The harder you run on the treadmill, the more difficult it becomes to experience satisfaction. Nice.
# 2. Keep your dreams ambiguous for yourself
Then suddenly comes the moment you get inspiration. On vacation, under the shower, during a meditation or during a lecture. You feel that something happens inside. A desire, a dream.
The feeling goes deeper than your craving for cookies or your desire for the latest smartphone. It feels like you have to do something with it. As if something calls you.
As soon as you experience this, you can intervene directly:
- Distract yourself as quickly as possible. Pick up your phone, check the news, contact some people who suck your energy, watch conspiracy videos on YouTube – fill your head with fresh negativity.
- Do not write anything. Because when you start writing, your thoughts are structured. And with that, this dream becomes more palpable and you are at risk of realizing it unconsciously.
- Return to tip 1 as soon as possible. You have probably made the mistake of taking time for reflection. The rat race is the best way to keep this kind of inspiration from your life. Within a few days you’ll just feel empty inside like you used to.
You cannot always avoid experiencing inspiration – so do not condemn yourself. When you act quickly, you can overcome this kind of inspiration, which is rooted in your heart. Keep it ambiguous and distract yourself, then that dream will disappear automatically.
# 3. Step into the victim’s role
Exactly. For a few reasons:
- It’s much easier than taking responsibility for your life.
- It prevents you from taking action to make your life better.
- It keeps you small and defenseless, giving you less time to have big dreams for the future.
- It makes you anxious because you have the feeling that others decide on your fate. Anxiety is a perfect emotion when you want to feel empty and unwilling.
- It fills your mind with bad thoughts and your mouth with negative words. And that keeps inspiration outside the door.
Believe that you are worthless. That a fantastic life is only for other people. This helps you stay anchored in the rat race and less trusting in your feelings.
# 4. Stop contributing
Do you want to do something with your time? Besides all activities that seem useful but are useless, it is very important that you focus your attention on avoiding contributions.
Why? Because contributions, creating and helping others, give you an unwanted sense of satisfaction.
That’s why you need to focus on consuming in your spare time. Walk through your house and wonder to yourself:
- What can I throw away and replace for something newer/more beautiful /expensive?
- How can I make sure people think I’m rich and successful? How do I increase my status?
- Can I add more stuff? Maybe I can rent a storage unit?
- Are there any services and subscriptions I can get that give me more status?
Maybe you can upgrade your cable package. Or can you bring your 3D TV to the dump and put a curved LED TV in place. Do you already have all game computers? Do you already have a smartwatch? Do you have just one? How do you do that with one smartwatch and different outfits? Etc.
- Avoid fair-produced products. You never know whether people are helping people in the production chain, to which your purchase unwittingly contributes.
- Avoid small local businesses. Go for the big, anonymous companies to avoid supporting the entrepreneurs directly.
- Avoid producers who do good things for people, animals or ecosystems. Then you are sure you are well.
Shopping – online and offline. Compare endlessly, find the best deals and lose yourself all the way. That way, you prevent yourself from contributing or helping someone. And the good thing is,you can live with the illusion of satisfaction while you do not experience real satisfaction.
That helps you a great deal with the rat race lifestyle.
# 5. Show chronic postponement
Sometimes dreams are stubborn. They keep moving up no matter how much you try to push them down.
Did you notice that dreams have been secretly worming in on your task list? Then show postponement. Tell yourself to work on your dream, but make it so scary to yourself that you’d rather check Facebook.
- Make your dream big and overwhelming. That way, you never know where to start. This will prevent you from actually starting.
- Feed yourself with different fears, such as failure and anxiety for success.
- Collect endless tips about productivity. There you can keep yourself busy for hours without something getting done.
- Make sure you’ve done everything by the end of the day, except coming one step closer to your dreams.
Postponement is your last hope when you really can not suppress your dream. When this fails, your dream has been realized before you know it and your sense of emptiness will disappear.
So take this step absolutely seriously if you want to prevent your life from having a wonderful meaning.